Thursday, August 20, 2009

Luomo

Came across Luomo a few times in the past, mainly due to his track "Tessio", which was remixed a handful of times by some bigger names like Akufen, Stimming or Butch among others. Currently on a tour of Europe, this Finnish producer, residing in beautiful Berlin (hottest day of the year here today btw) has been in the biz since 2000, fed the floors with 3 albums, many, many more releases and countless praised live shows ever since. His list of collabs includes artists like Craig Armstrong, Towa Tei, Ryuchi Sakamoto, Massive Attack, Scissor Sisters and many others.
I have to say I'm not a big fan of vocals in electronic music, they really have to work for me. In the case of "Tessio", his biggest track to date, the music is cool enough to blend that issue out for me. I especially like Stimming's take at it.


Luomo - Tessio (Stimming Dub)


Luomo - Tessio (Butch Dub)


Luomo - If I Can't

Luomo - Love You All (feat. Sasha Ring)

Luomo - Have You Ever (feat. Cassy)

Scissor Sisters - Lights (Luomo Remix)


Check out his site for more infos on his past and upcoming releases.

Buy Luomo's music on Beatport

No comments:

Post a Comment