Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Toolbox Records - Paris, FR

On my recent trip to Paris, I was lucky enough to visit the infamous Toolbox Records - located in the hip 11th arrondissement on Rue St. Ambroise (also a short walk from Jim Morrison's resting place). When I informed a close friend of mine that I was going to be in Paris and wanted to pick up some of the obscure, French banger records that I couldn't find digitized on the net, he pointed me here.
George and Ivan. These two were super helpful. I kept asking for them to pull out their favorite records and I wasn't disappointed. Each time I'd head to a turntable to listen to a stack, they'd start putting on AMAZING tracks on the store's main turntable that would blow my mind.
Sadly, they were out of the one record I was looking for, Sa Bat' Machines new 12". But they clearly are in the know in Paris and were able to call the Sa Bat' producer, Stefan to bring a copy and hang out for a bit. He also previewed his newest track (made exclusively on Ableton, I had to mention) from his USB key.
Stefan from Sa Bat' Machines.

I'll leave you with a sweet Reso track I picked up at Toolbox:

Reso - If Ya Can't Beat 'Em

No comments:

Post a Comment