Friday, April 10, 2009

Artist of the Day: BASSNECTAR

This guy Lorin Ashton (aka Bassnectar), and all his San Fran buddies - they know how to make some phatty bass. I first saw this guy @ Langerado 2008 and he blew me away. Saw him again @ Paradise later in 2008, which was another CRASS experience.

Bassnectar samples a ton of shit, and never overdoes certain sounds in each song, which I appreciate. This guy tours a lot, so be sure to catch him next time he's around your neighborhood.

Here's a song from his last major release from 2007, Underground Communication (buy):


download 'Bassnectar - Kick It Complex [feat. Persia]'



And a couple more new tracks from his newest EP Heads Up (buy):


download 'Bassnectar - Heads Up'



download 'Beats Antique - Roustabout [Bassnectar remix]'



I'll top it off with Bassnectar's only official video (I think) for Bomb the Blocks, also from Underground Communication and also featuring Persia

1 comment: