Friday, April 30, 2010

Artist feature: Monsieur Adi

Monsieur Adi, poster child of Paris label Technofavrik, recently released his debut EP "We Are The Romans" and leaves us squealing for more! The french producer/fashion design student caught our attention with his remix to Ellie Goulding's Starry Eyed. The original off Goulding's no. 1 debut album is quite the hit in Europe and I'm sure it'll be the same for the States when it gets released there. It got a lil airplay in "Kick-Ass", which I watched yesterday and I gotta say I liked it.
The success of the original brought on a slew of remixes from all genres, but few are really striking. Monsieur Adi instantly stands out of the lot.

Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed (Monsieur Adi Remix)


And the rest of his music is just as pleasing to the ear. Monsieur Adi's interesting list of influences includes Vivaldi and it certainly shows. Some of his material, namely "We Are The Romans", has a very classical-influenced buildup.

Drinkmusik caught up with Monsieur Adi and got to ask him a couple o tings. Here's what he had to say about..

..his studio setup:
My studio setup is very simple with just a keyboard and a microphone and a lot of software(Audition/Ableton/Acid Pro) and VSTs. I purchased some EastWest/Quantum Leap sounds some summers ago and it's just amazing to work with if you love making cinematic orchestration. Very fantastic!

..artists we should watch out for:
Well my current favorites are definitely the cool guys who remixed my debut EP 'We Are The Romans': Flashworx, Renegade, Wolfchild, Overthrill, and Freak You. Sebastian and Christian of Overthrill have been long time friends of mine and their work is just powerful and Franck (Freak You) is not only genius at his own music, but also at discovering new talent. I have to also mention my good friend Pyramid who is just starting, but is so very talented!! Other than my friends, I love what SomethingALaMode is doing as well as Iamamiwhoami. I think that's Jonna Lee, though?

..
the US music scene compared to that in France/Europe:
Well, I did not realize how much musical taste differed depending on where you will go. The European music scene is very alive and I think there's more of a support for independent artists who don't mind experimenting with different textures and sounds and being different. The pop music scene in the US all sounds alike to me, but I think there's more out there than what's in the front.

..how to define "Drinkmusik":
You need water to survive, so music is the same. Drink music and you'll live!
Or you can just get drunk off of music.

Merci Adi!!

Monsieur Adi - We Are The Romans

From Monsieur Adi's Youtube Channel

An album entitled "Empire" is in the making and soon to come. Until then, keep up-to-date with Monsieur Adi or simply show some love on facebook and/or twitter.

Listen to more of his music on..
Soundcloud
Fairtilizer
Last.fm
..and be sure to get a glimpse of what that album might include!

Monsieur Adi's EP "We Are The Romans" is available on iTunes, Beatport, Juno Download, Amazon and 7Digital.

No comments:

Post a Comment